One day Practitioner training course. This course is suitable for a therapist who would like to upskill or to complete for continual professional development. Pregnancy massage can help to relieve many of the symptoms and conditions associated with pregnancy and prepares the body for changes that occur.
You will learn how to:
- work safely and effectively
- the history and uses of pregnancy massage
- anatomy and physiology of the endocrine system and pregnancy stages
- client consultation and supporting role of therapist
- contra – indications
- benefits of the treatment
- carry out a pregnancy massage routine using gentle massage techniques
- give aftercare advice
*Prerequisites – learners must hold a qualification in L3 body massage, for example Swedish Massage or Aromatherapy Massage to complete this course.
10am – 4pm
Theory will be delivered in the morning, followed by a practical demonstration from your tutor. You will then carry out a practical assessment in the afternoon.
This course is accredited by IPHM. It is fully insurable and accepted by the FHT.